Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Great Thursday!

We both brighten up when we see new comments from you all. Just knowing that you are all (commentators and observers) able to get a glimpse into this "dream world" means a lot to us.

We went to an antique shop tonight after supper and I saw some things that would really be neat to own. One of the items was an old Church bell, but that might pose a problem when I check it in at the airport. The other things they had were military pins from the Soviet Union. We looked a long time at the pins but couldn’t pull the trigger to buy one. Andi and another mother (other American) went shopping in the kids clothing store while another father and I stayed out on the side walk and tried to look cool with a big empty pink stroller parked beside us. We pulled it off, of course.

One of Lilia’s favorite games is the “no” game. We say “no” when she tries to put her hands in her diapers, she giggles and continues to do that exact thing, giggling harder and harder. We say “no” when she starts to crawl toward the stairs in the lobby. She crawls faster and faster, giggling the whole time, while our footsteps get closer and closer. Then she is so overcome with excitement, she sprawls out on her belly, squealing with delight. Today, she has on a dress. Every time she tries to crawl, the dress gets caught under her knees, and crying begins. She is full of all the regular toddler traits. Here we go! Tomorrow another couple will have Gotcha Day, and we are looking forward to the two kids playing together in the hotel lobby. We often joke about the way we, after only an introduction, become “best friends” with fellow Americans going through the same trials.

Well another day has come and gone. Still another hour before bedtime, and we are going to walk to the Peter the Great Square. We do it all again tomorrow and soon we will…..

5 comments:

The Hulseys said...

Hello!
What a wonderful description of a very active little girl. She sounds absolutely precious. She and Caleb are going to have a great time together - I hope you both are ready when for their joined forces!!!! Jonah, I'm sure you looked very masculine seated beside the stroller. By the way, I've been meaning to mention that Josiah's baseball team won their baseball tournament (while we were on vacation) so Coach Ohm may have another trophy for you to deliver when you get home. He left a message on our voice mail that he knew you were going to be in Russia for a "couple of weeks." It's neat that you are making "best friends" - it must help the time go a little more quickly. We continue to look forward to your return - and we continue to pray for you. Thanks for your great writing . . . we look forward to it every day!
Genie

Timothy said...

Let's see... two guys... a pink stroller... cool... NOPE, no way. I'm not buying it. :)
Blessings

mother said...

I love hearing about Lilia. Today I have been Lilia talking to Caleb, "Can I come in your room Caleb and wreck all your stuff?"
he ignores me mostly.

He opted not to go swimming tonight but to stay here. When I came home, Sarah had him all showered. She bribed him with a game of Life which she is now playing.

Tomorrow he goes back to Grammy's. Nona and I are taking him to meet Marie at the Mill's again. This week flew as I knew it would. We have really enjoyed having him here. He has found a way to go from couch to ottoman to couch without touching the living room floor (where I told him live alligators live waiting to bite off his feet.) It's interesting, especially as the ottoman moves a little further from one of the counches each time he jumps. Twice he has caught hiself with his head only, a feat we are both really proud of.

He is upset with Nicole at present because she won't let him hold the football cards she got from Aaron. So I took a wooden spoon in and gave Nicole three swats. That's how we do it here. Survival of the fittest.

He told Sarah this morning that when he drives, he'll just use one arm. That's how he drives his golf cart, he informed us.

He has reached pro-status on the Wi, but then lost it rapidly. It was a devastating moment, and I do mean, split second.

Alll is well. One more week!!
Mother

Sarah said...

Aunt Sarah,Hey you guys I miss you 3. I'm excited to get to have a NEICE!! I AM GOING TO GET HER SOMETHING to give to her at the airport. probably somthing pink hahaha!!!;) I HAVE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT Lillia!! at my work. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I CANT WHATE TO SEE YOU 3!mom and Caleb came to see me today at work,and Caleb was looking at all the little ones.. we have 8-to 9 of the tots..it was a good day today!just a few munchkins ate some crayons and chewed on a shoe or two.i wounder why they are ill sometimes hmm? they are crazy but its fun being with them.! my nickname Scope is in the cd cover of SLINGSHOT57!! SCOPE IS IN THE THANK MY FRIENDS PART. of the cover. IM A FAMOUS AUNT!!!:) love you have a safe and exciting weekend:) take care miss you!! Sarah the best and did i say im the famous aunt;) haha!!

Den Hanabarger said...

We love reading about your little girl! We can't wait to experience her in person. I'm sure you've had your moments, but overall it sounds like she's adjusting so well...Praise God, He is so GOOD! Do you know yet when you will be home? I'm cracking up just imagining both of your faces lit up with complete adoration - I'm sure you're practically glowing! TAke care