Saturday, August 25, 2007

Read This One

Ah! Moscow in 2 days! Today was an uneventful day. We ate the last of the Ramen noodles, with the help of the other couple’s hot pot. Lil tried the pizza crust from our San’s pizza we had for dinner. She really liked it. She didn’t like the taxi ride to San’s Pizza, though.
We’re anxious to get home, where Lilia can get to a pediatrician, Jonah can have homemade salsa, and I can have turtle cake. And there’s always that wonderful little boy waiting for us. I cry just dreaming of the day we get off the airplane, and can run over and give him the hug of all hugs. A hug that will make him POP! Get ready, Cabe! You may get a tickle, or two, also. I keep telling Lilia that she will love her big brother, and that she has all kinds of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends waiting to meet her. She never says anything in response. I guess she hasn’t learned her manners, yet! J
You all need to know what a great time we’re having getting to know Lilia. Out of the entire adoption process, this part (bonding with her) has been the easiest! The hardest part . . . being separated from Caleb for so long, being in a hotel for a month, not knowing the language . . . the list goes on and on! Jonah and I both agree that Lilka (as the caregivers called her) fits into our family like a missing puzzle piece. We’ve had a great life up to this point, but L is going to add so much more, just as Caleb has (and continues to).

4 comments:

Sonja said...

Stevyn's gone so I had to break down and get a Google password of my own. May I say I'm so glad to hear that the bonding is going so well?! I've talked with several adoptive families, probably just like you guys have, who had entirely different experiences and bonding did take time. In fact, I think it's natural that the bonding would take time...so I'm giving God all the credit for this! What a blessing to see His hand at work so clearly in this situation. While you HAD to have moments during the adoption delays when you wondered what on earth was going on (how many times did you have to do and redo bloodwork?), He knew that precious Lilia was there waiting for you and His timing was perfect...you didn't know you were waiting for your little Solnishka! Just wanted you to know your experience helps me have faith during our wait! OK, enough mushies. Our kiddos enjoyed their visit with Aunt Stevyn and Silas. I'm getting used to whole "raising a boy" thing, but feel I need another couple extra pairs of eyes. In the last 24 hours he's demonstrated his artistic side by carving Ivory soap with his teeth, demonstrated athletic skill/valor/ingenuity by crawling up to the top of the stairs (oops, left the gate open!) while I was otherwise occupied (ok I was in the bathroom) and closing the top gate behind him to cover his tracks so he could explore his sister's collection of fake coins at his leisure...oh yeah, he's also partially ingested cat food and discovered how to turn on the dishwasher. Would you believe me if I said I really was watching him ?! Mariah would NEVER have done these things so I never had need of a play pen or anything, she just hung out wherever I was...not so with the boy. We're instituting play pen boot camp on Monday. I'll get off of here before I blab on any longer, but am just egotistical enough to think that my posts are more entertaining than mourning over the loss of ramen noodles. Remember, you're all in our thoughts and prayers!

MCCM Johnson said...

We just wanted you to know that we are still going to your blog site daily and keeping up. We are still enjoying all your news...we just have nothing new to say. However, I will say it again, yaaahoooo!! We are so excited for your family!!!!

Carla

Mom Marie said...

I'm so glad you guys are becoming a family during this time. I think L will relate to C & the transition will be short.

We can take care of the turtle cake, not sure about the salsa, but we'll try.

We have played with guns most of the day. Thanks Mother. I just follow Caleb's lead - I'm not very imaginative when it comes to gun battles in the old west. Thankfully, it doesn't take much to entertain him. He had been a little under the weather with some stomach trouble, but seems to be bouncing back quickly. He wants to watch a movie tonight of his daddy playing football in high school. He said he doesn't know much about his dad when he was in school. He really does come up with some interesting observations and comments.

Your days in Astrakhan are very short now. Hang in there just a little longer!

Krystina said...

This is the most joyful post you've written. Although it's obvious that you are ready to home, I think you will have very fond memories of your time getting to know your little girl and having so many new experiences. Be ready for "reverse culture shock" when you get back. You will think we are all a little crazy and spoiled when you get back.

God knew little Lilia was waiting for you the whole time!