Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Just another Day

Every morning is started with the same breakfast buffet at the hotel. The first morning, we had our plates full and big smiles on our faces. As the mornings go by, our plates have less and less food on them and our faces have less and less smiles. My husband finally tried an omlet today. He was not disappointed, thought it was a nice change. Outside the hotel, the jackhammer continues playing its same old tunes.
The visit to the orphanage went quickly this morning. Our daughter was brought out in a cute, peach-colored dress and white bandana hat. She must have been sleeping when we arrived, because she was a little drowsy acting at first. We went outside for a while. Lilia can walk when holding onto our hands, she’s not quite balanced enough to toddle on her own. While in the music room, my husband and our translator played a duet of “Heart and Soul” on one of the pianos. Lilia loves to “dance” to the music. Dancing consists of smiling, waving her arms, and babbling. We are driven by the excitement of knowing there are only 5 more days until we make our final trip to the orphanage. Yahoo!! We ate at a great pizza place for lunch, and now we’re getting ready to go to the Academy of Beer for dinner. Jonah has claimed this as “The Day We Ate”. It’s been a joy to hear about what is happening in all of your lives. Many of our days drag on forever, but we’re so entertained by your posts.

3 comments:

Mom Marie said...

We are pleased to let you know that yesterday, according to your son, was "One of the best days of my life!" We went to Chuckie Cheese for lunch and games. He was pretty overwhelmed at first, but finally got into all the games. We also let him watch the very first Star Wars movie last night. Hope we didn't do too much damage to his little mind. We will talk to you later about any future episodes.

He helped Papa stack wood this morning. After lunch we are going over to our neighbor's pool for a swim and then taking Fin to the vet to look at his eye.

The contractor poured concrete yesterday and will start building as soon as he gets lumber delivered. We are very excited to have something going on that you can actually see! And KB will have lots of interesting "stuff" to watch for the next couple of weeks.
Many of our plans have had to be put on hold because of the heat. Maybe we will still have time for camping , etc. when he returns from his IL grandparents, that is if we can woo him away from the WI.

The weatherman said it might cool off a bit tommorrow. Today, however, is supposed to reach 105!
We sent you guys a package, but to your old room #, so be on lookout for it next week (maybe).

Krystina said...

Andi, I was thinking of you today when I was eating some milk duds. I bet you could use some good old fashioned junk food right now! When I went to Japan I brought a bunch of beef jerky with me because I didn't think I would be able to stomach sea food for a whole three weeks!

We've been battling all sorts of craziness this last few weeks. Now that the air conditioning is fixed, Aaron is in Vancouver on business and both of the kids have been sick this week. I think Kyndra has pink eye! :(

Drink a good German beer for me and I'll look for a piece of chocolate cake for you!

Stevyn said...

I haven't chimed in for awhile. We've been hearing about the details of your lives for a couple of days - well, here are some details from my life...This morning Silas pooped and it was so gross that I, his mother, almost lost it. While I was gagging, he was just babbling away on the changing table without a care in the world. Then John, our contractor, asked us if we wanted treated lumber or cedar posts for our second story overhang and what the exact placement of the first floor windows was going to be. After Troy and I stared at each other blankly for a moment, we had to say, "I don't know." Then I went upstairs to play with Silas and Caleb, and I listened to Caleb tell me that Silas probably likes him better than anybody else. "He gives me the best hugs, right Aunt Stevyn?" "He doesn't even give you hugs this good, does he Aunt Stevyn?" I have to admit that Silas has a special love for Caleb. He hugs him and wallers on him over and over. Silas got his first haircut today. He squirmed so much that I thought someone was going to get hurt. Luckily, Troy came with me to help hold him still. Ok, lots of stories about Silas...I better say something about Troy so he doesn't get jealous...Troy got his oil changed, got a trailer full of gravel and another trailer full of mulch today. Then he moved things with the tractor. I'm sure he could give all the exciting details better than I can. :) Anyway, we miss you guys and can't wait for you to come home. I have a couple of questions for you to possibly address in your next blog:
1. Do you drink the tap water in Russia?
2. Do you know how to say "no, no" in Russian? I'm getting tired of saying it in English.
3. This one is for Krystina...Did you eat the disgusting little dried minnows in a bag when you went to Japan? They were in the potato chips isle in the grocery store. Just wondering.