Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Moscow- One More Time

It is said that "through many trials comes great strength." We are feeling very strong today. Last night our plane left at 8:30. Lilia was sitting on Andi's lap, and I was waiting for the storm. Yes, Lilia did break down. Yes, she did cry loudly. Then God answered our prayers and she fell asleep. I think waiting for the break down was worse than the actual breakdown. Poor Andi held Lilia's limp body for the whole flight, but at least she wasn't thrown-up on. Yes, I was vomitted on by some woman standing by the bathroom door. There was a curtain that got most of the goods, but my right leg got a quarter-sized glob of...you know. Thank God for our baby wipes.

Once we got to the Airport it took an hour to get our luggage. Then we walk outside. Look. Look. Our driver is not there. After fumbling English/Russian, I buy a phone card and call our contact in Moscow.
"You are here tonight?" she asked.
"Yes we are standing at the airport."
"Oh! We were not expecting you until the morning." she said.

It is approaching midnight, and I don't know how long I have until the baby's head starts spinning around and fire shooting from her eyes.
She tells me to get a taxi. She tells me she will try to get us a room. I hang up, hail a taxi, and we are driven to the hotel. All the while, we have:
Beyond Tired Baby
Wife With Beyond Tired Back
Vomit On My Jeans
$100 Taxi ( They Can Smell Us Americans A Mile Away)
Maybe No Hotel Room

We are feeling very strong.
In the end all turned out well. Our heads hit the pillows at 1:00am.

Today we went to see the Doctor at the childrens hospital. Lilia is a healthy girl who needs only TLC to cure her developmental issues. Tommorow we get a tour of Red Square, and then go to the US Embassy. If all goes well, we may travel on Thursday. Please Pray that we can come home Thursday. We are ready. We'll know definitively by this evening.

2 comments:

The Copes said...

went to see

MCCM Johnson said...

funny blog!!! First, I went "oh no!!" Then, I went "ahhhh". Then, I went "gross!! Then "hahahahah". The I had to read the whole blog out loud to the family because they wanted to know why I was saying these things!! Thanks for the entertainment from all these miles that will only seperate us for a short time more!!!

blessings!
Carla